This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
28 Sep 2017
Full-Time Vice President of Product
Are you inspired by helping small businesses succeed in an on-demand world? Is an exciting, fast-growing company with a well-loved product and millions of users the kind of place where you’d like to write your next chapter? Do you desire a hands-on leadership role that allows you to define, lead, and execute a company’s product strategy? Does the ability to have a direct impact on the design, user research, deployments, and experience of a mobile and web-based B2B and B2C product get you excited?
Are you a leader with vision and experience? Do you thrive in mapping out a Product plan and then helping the team organize their efforts? Are you the person everyone counts on to communicate clearly and move information around the organization for successful launches? Someone that becomes the go-to person for product development efforts, someone who is comfortable establishing direction for product managers and designers, someone who thrives working closely with software engineers, and who is experienced with UI/UX principles and design processes?
Did this posting leave you curious and thinking how could this perfect mix of accountability, execution, leadership, and user focus exist in one place? If so, keep reading; this might be the Product role you have been searching for.
Reports to CEO; directly manages Product Manager, UX/UI Design, Director of Design; indirectly manages Graphic Designers
Within 30 days
- Complete the ChowNow New Hire Ramp Camp
- Immerse yourself with every department at ChowNow (attend three weekly Departmental meetings — CS, RS, Sales)
- Complete 4 product demos with Outside Sales Team
- Complete 4 product demos with Inside Sales Team
- Begin leading weekly one-on-one sessions with your team
Within 90 days
- Organize the Product team into a high functioning, collaborative team of specialists (Design, Product, Project)
- Developed a clear and inspirational roadmap for our company with a systematic, documented communication cycle
- Establish and monitor your team’s performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities
- Document and implement process for Market Requirements Documents (MRDs) of targeted opportunities and Product Requirements Documents (PRDs) including job stories necessary for the design and engineering/development teams to successfully build high-quality products
Within 6 months
- Write two articles about Product Development, Leadership, or Design
- Create the team infrastructure to manage multiple Product launches simultaneously
- Develop customer feedback sessions to incorporate into Product and Roadmap decisions
- Document new feature release training process to ensure that Sales, Restaurant Success, and Customer Support have most up-to-date information
- Launch third Product category
- Lead quarterly Industry trend presentations
Within 12 months
- Launch fourth Product category
- 7+ years of Product Management experience, with 5+ years of growing, managing and inspiring a team to greatness
- Agile product development experience but the flexibility to handle detailed PRDs for vendors when needed
- Expertise in product management best practices including product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, product development process, effort estimation, partnership with product marketing, and resource management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Computer Science degree strongly preferred
- Industry chops – you have worked with consumer-facing products, in retail, restaurant, hospitality, or e-commerce
- Product intuition – strong instincts about what makes great product, simple is better, stunning quality is a must
- Strong design thinker – you have a passion for good design, great user experience and creating a scalable, easy to use product that truly connects with its users. You understand the importance of testing and feedback as crucial components to creating a useful and functional product.
- Basic knowledge of industry standard design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Zeplin, Invision and Principle) is a plus. Most importantly, you believe that design and engineering should not be siloed, but instead work together throughout the process to build a structurally sound, beautiful and intuitive user experience.
- You practice design thinking and understand the balance of a more empathetic, flexible and iterative approach to product development.
- You can stand behind design decisions that focus on finding out the right ideas alongside the business focus for growth.
- You understand that brand presence, identity and voice is just as important as the product itself.
- Technical chops – don’t need to code, but should be able to gauge what technologies work best for the job, what’s easy or difficult to implement, degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Data-informed – You know how to leverage data to make good decisions when confronted by ambiguity. You may not have all the answers upfront but you know how to find them
- Must be data and metrics-informed, and have an ability to tie product activities to metrics, such as customer adoption, product usage, or revenue, that help move the business forward.
- Storytelling. You’re good at presenting to large groups, convincing people to run towards goals, and managing multiple stakeholders – even when they don’t report to you.
- Curiosity. We value learning and exploring. You should enjoy moving fast and learning lots of new things!
- Collaborate with other Executive Team leadership members to create a hospitality-driven work environment (hospitality is the intersection of friendliness, resourcefulness, and positive impact)
- Able to enthusiastically articulate your interest in the restaurant industry
Joining the team has its perks:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A “best place to work” winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Unlimited PTO; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Generous parental leave (primary and secondary)
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
At ChowNow, we are passionate about serving the needs of over 7,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technological world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners who transact over $1,000,000 daily.
As our Vice President, Product, you will lead our Product team while collaborating with trusted colleagues to help evolve our product and develop new categories to meet the demands of savvy, design-driven consumers.
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to guiding our product and team as we move into our next phase of growth. You will help us launch quality products and support existing initiatives that continuously improve the experience of our end-users. You will be an active voice in helping us shape the product by engaging in thoughtful inquiry and critical reflection.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — 5 minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.