Full-Time Senior Project Manager – Automatic Labs
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
The Senior Project Manager will support internal teams, as well as external partners, and will play a critical role supporting and enhancing the Automatic team’s product delivery capabilities. This role will interact directly with multiple enterprise partners across different verticals and work closely with a talented and diverse team of engineers and designers to ensure timely deliveries within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Enterprise Partners across different verticals to ensure smooth project deliveries and manage expectations.
- Work with multiple engineering and design teams within the company to establish agile/scrum and Kanban practices.
- Create and manage detailed project schedules, coordinating cross-functional team deliverables, anticipating and mitigating risks.
- Collaborate with internal teams and establish software release management process.
- Manage scope change by collecting estimates, determining impact and working closely with Product Managers to minimize scope creep.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years in Project and Program Management, with expertise in Agile Project Management using Scrum required.
- Prior experience as a technical and/or functional project manager on client facing projects to large enterprises.
- Excellent knowledge of software development life cycle (Waterfall and Agile) with relevant experience working with product managers, engineering, QA and design teams during product development cycles.
- Proven track record managing complex projects spanning multiple teams, where some teams follow Waterfall Methodology.
- Outstanding communication skills and experience facilitating a diverse team of motivated engineers.
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA, Phabricator.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment while keeping in mind the big picture, and paying close attention to details.
- Automotive industry experience is a big plus.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in-person.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Domestic travel required up to 25%.
- Extensive MS Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc).
- AgileCraft or similar Agile-specific software experience.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.