Full-Time Senior Product Manager
Today 90% of biologists in the world have never used a lab robot. Instead, they run experiments with manual pipettes, moving tiny amounts of liquid from vial to vial by hand. This is not because they don’t want robots to do their pipetting; its because they could never afford them before.
At 10x – 100x lower price than any other lab automation, Opentrons is making robotics accessible to average life-scientists. This means we are usually our customer’s first experience with a robot in the lab. This gives us the opportunity (and challenge) to create the user experience of biology lab automation for most of the biologists around the world, from scratch.
Opentrons is a company obsessed with making things easier for biologists so they can focus on answering some of the most important questions of our time. Our interdisciplinary team of engineers, scientists, designers, and business people spend every day trying to provide the best tools to the most scientists possible.
About the Role
The Senior Product Manager will own our core robot + desktop app product, identifying opportunities to increase the utility of Opentrons robots for our customers and building additional features and capabilities. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and play a leadership role in our fast-growing team.
- Prioritize Product Opportunities – Marshal qualitative and quantitative data to uncover, prioritize, and articulate what we should build to help our scientific customers.
- Drive Design, Build, Test Cycle – Work with engineers, designers, business people, and scientists to manage an iterative process that quickly tests features and discovers product requirements.
- Build Team Alignment – Run cross-functional collaborative sessions and facilitate group communication to ensure a shared understanding by everyone on the team.
- Lead by Example – Keep a laser focus on the customer experience and roll up your sleeves to get things done that make our users’ scientific work easier.
- Demonstrated capability – You have 3+ years experience as a PM at a technology company and have worked with products from concept through launch.
- Product owner mindset – You are highly self-directed, goal oriented, and show excellent independent judgement.
- You see the forest, and the trees – You are detailed oriented, but always keep the big picture in mind.
- Team player and leader – You have excellent collaboration skills and excel coordinating highly interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communicator – You are clear, concise, and engaging in written and oral communication.
- Thrive in fast-paced startup environment – You are comfortable with the uncertainty of charting new territory and relish the thrill of moving fast to solve tough problems.
- You care about life-science – We are a team of people who want to make a difference by helping scientists answer important questions.
- Experience in a high-growth environment – You’ve been part of a team that has grown exponentially to meet a vast market need.