Full-Time Senior Firmware Product Manager – Automatic
Location: San Francisco, CA
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
The Senior Firmware Product Manager will own the product definition, deliverables and roadmap for the firmware component in our product. He/she will translate business use cases into firmware requirements that can be consumed by firmware developers. Following implementation, the position will monitor product/feature usage/results, recommend changes/enhancements and advance ongoing improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and drive firmware related product deliverables.
- Gather requirements from stakeholders and create comprehensive product requirements with acceptance criteria that can be leveraged by UX, Dev. and QA teams.
- Work closely with other Product Managers, UX designers, Engineers, Data Scientists, IT and external partners to prioritize workload.
- Own the full product life cycle, from strategic planning to tactical activities to ensure on-time product delivery.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in Product Management of consumer digital/software products.
- Have a track record of successful product deliveries from cradle to grave.
- Possess technical fluency. The ability to understand and evaluate trade-offs inherent to product development.
- Automotive industry experience is a big plus.
- Agile training and experience preferred.
- Experience with mobile hardware + software preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Experience in mobile Product Management.
- User Experience savvy and the ability to drive decisions and work from a “user-first” standpoint, balancing technical constraints with the goal of creating a superior user experience.
- Ability to utilize and interpret data to drive and support product decisions.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in-person.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Strong interest in latest technology trends.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Visio, PowerPoint).
- AgileCraft or similar Agile management tool experience.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.