Full-Time Senior Enterprise Product Manager – Automatic Labs
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
The Senior Enterprise Product Manager will focus on Automatic’s Enterprise customers and partners, and leverage the company’s product platform to deliver a product that delights users. The successful candidate will own the product definition, deliverables and roadmap for enterprise customers and will translate business use cases into product requirements that can be consumed by developers. Following implementation, the position will monitor product/feature usage and results, recommend changes and enhancements, and advance ongoing improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own product roadmap for enterprise customers.
- Define and drive all product deliverables related to enterprise customers and partners.
- Gather requirements from stakeholders and create comprehensive product requirements with acceptance criteria that can be leveraged by UX, Dev. and QA teams.
- Work closely with other Product Managers, UX designers, Engineers, Data Scientists, IT and external partners to prioritize workload.
- Own the full product life cycle, from strategic planning to tactical activities to ensure on-time product delivery.
- Work with enterprise customers to understand their business objectives and initiatives and map these to capabilities and potential additions to product roadmap
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Have a track record of successful product deliveries from cradle to grave.
- Possess technical fluency: the ability to understand and evaluate trade-offs inherent to product development.
- Automotive industry experience is a big plus.
Requirements and General Skills:
- User Experience savvy and the ability to drive decisions and work from a “user-first” standpoint, balancing technical constraints with the goal of creating a superior user experience..
- Proven experience partnering with engineering teams for product development.
- Ability to utilize and interpret data to drive and support product decisions.
- Agile training and Kanban experience required
- Strong relationship building and communication skills across the organization and with external partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in-person.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Strong interest in latest technology trends.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Domestic travel required up to 25%.
- Extensive MS Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc).
- AgileCraft or similar Agile-specific software experience.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.