Full-Time Product Manager, API
As a Technical Product Manager at Procore, you own the discovery and delivery of winning (needle-moving) products. In this particular role, you will focus on building and delivering a set of technical solutions, branded as Procore Connect, empowering Procore clients’, including system integrators, to integrate with Procore. Integration’s are key to our growth strategy and our API provide the platform on which these integration’s are built.
You’re trusted, and expected, to craft and execute against a vision, in concert with your dedicated UX & Engineering counterparts. To do that, you’ll: meet with customers in their native environments, solicit feedback from internal market-facing teams, partner with executive and strategy teams, and participate in daily standups and releases with UX & engineering. Altogether, it’s a dynamic, modern, fast-paced role, where no two days are ever the same.
- Be a customer advocate. Work directly with external API consumers to understand needs, gaps, and opportunities
- Define your KPIs, obsess over how your integrations and features are performing, and move quickly to improve underperforming metrics
- Evangelize and train clients on new capabilities and existing integration options
- Support Business Development in Partnership opportunities
- Perform customer interviews to discover market problems
- Collaborate with executive and strategy teams to understand business objectives
- Establish both short and long-term goals and roadmap for our Platform & API based on data collected from customers, the market, and the competition.
- Prioritize which products and features your team will build
- Collaborate with Engineering and QA to ship your product
- Drive collaboration in Product and facilitate tool features in platform and vice versa
- Ability to empathize with our customers’ needs
- Possess a rare combination of business sense and technical aptitude
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong critical thinking skills, demonstrating ability to analyze and break down problems into components
- Strong leadership skills – you’ll need to rally your team to follow your vision
- 2-3 years prior Product Management experience at a software company
- 2-3 years prior Software Development experience
- Understanding of RESTful interfaces and ability to answer technical API integration questions
- Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in the construction industry is a plus
- Prior experience working with business development and account managers throughout full partnership cycles including term/contract negotiation is a plus
At Procore we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work, are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas, all while in an open collaborative environment. We believe in keeping our employees happy – whether that’s the latest tech, catered lunches, dog friendly offices, or our fitness programs. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a great group of people, mentor others, and grow with Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, with offices across the United States. To learn more about our team, click here.