Full-Time Product Manager
Triplebyte matches engineers with new career opportunities. We’ve designed a background blind skills test to identify skilled people from any background. Our mission is reducing bias and over-reliance on resume keywords in the hiring process. We’ve helped companies like Apple, Dropbox and Stripe hire great people. Hiring leaders from over 160 companies have said:
“Triplebyte has garnered a following. It’s a service that helps candidates take coding quizzes that qualify them to connect with a number of jobs. As an employer, there’s an advantage, because you only have to pay per hire you actually make.”
We’re an experienced team, the founders have each built and sold companies before. Ammon and Guillaume founded Socialcam (acquired by Autodesk for $60 million) and Harj was the first partner hired at Y Combinator since its founding.
About The Role
2017 was our biggest year of growth and we are now reaching the limit of not having a full-time product person. We’re hiring our first product manager to help us build and release better products. This role comes with a lot of responsibility as you will be the first dedicated product person to join the team, working closely with the founders and driving product decisions.
What you will be doing
- Work closely with founders to maintain and organize a roadmap of product priorities
- Transform rough ideas into clear functional features, starting with the big picture down to every little edge case
- Write and publish clear specs for the team to use during development cycles
- Lead and rally people on projects, from early spec discussions to launch
- Define and follow metrics in order to evaluate projects, before and after their release
- Work closely with design and engineering to ensure features are built and tested to spec
- You have at least three years of product development experience, with at least one in product management
- Technical background is optional but you need to be able to entertain a technical conversation with an engineer
- Very strong communicator, big part of the role is rallying people to your ideas
- Metrics oriented, every feature built need to be backed by clear goals and metrics
- Competitive salary and equity
- 401k + company match
- Full healthcare benefits
- Daily catered lunch
- Experienced team with the best technology investors
- Minimum two weeks vacation policy
Reasons to join
- We’re working on a problem that has both a clear business model and big positive impact on the world. By building a hiring process that focuses on just skills, not background, we can end credentialism and open up access to the best career opportunities to anyone.
- The product is working and we’ve reached profitability. Our biggest constraint is scaling our process to keep up with the inbound applications we’re getting from engineers.
- We have an experienced founding team that’s perfect for solving this problem. Harj was previously the first Y Combinator partner hired by its founders. Ammon and Guillaume founded Socialcam, acquired by Autodesk for $60 million.
- Some of the best investors are backing us, including Paul Graham & Jessica Livingston (founders of Y Combinator), Sam Altman (President of Y Combinator), Drew Houston (founder of Dropbox) and others: http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/28/triplebyte-3m/
We believe strongly in building a truly meritocratic, unbiased process for finding great talent. Even the best technology companies today still use where people went to college as a proxy for intelligence and ability. We’re building a process that looks only at ability, not credentials, so we can have a future where everyone can focus on just learning and being good at what they do, not how they look on paper.
Every aspect of running a company has been improved over the last decade, except hiring. Most decisions are still made using amorphous terms like “gut feel” or “culture fit”. They should be made using crisp data. Only a company specializing on this problem, using data collected from the hiring process at hundreds of companies, can solve it. That’s the company we’re building. Our mission is creating a scientific method for identifying great talent and intelligently routing it to the best place. Starting with software engineers.